It’s Self Care Week this week! Self Care Week is an annual national awareness week that focuses on embedding support for self care across communities, families and generations. Read on for some tips on implementing self care in both your work and personal life. Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org if you or your team would like to contribute to the blog.
Self care is the actions that individuals take for themselves, on behalf of and with others in order to develop, protect, maintain and improve their health, wellbeing or wellness. Taking small steps to better these make your life less stressful and more enjoyable. Here are some tips to look after yourself at work and tick off some Health and Wellbeing criteria in the Green Impact toolkit while you’re at it!
- Bin the bin! Get rid of under or near-desk bins – having to get up and walk to the bin not only gets you up and out of your seat, but also encourages regular breaks from your screen.
- Spread the word on self care! Include some info on health and wellbeing in your team meeting this week. A list of this weeks Juice activities can be found here.
- No more working lunches! Leave your desk at lunch time and go for a walk, do some meditation or have a catch up with a friend. A good work life balance is key to alleviating stress symptoms.
- Reduce your meat intake – sign up here to take the Part-time Carnivore pledge!
- Get fruity! Bring in some fruit and share it with the office. Contact Abundance if you want to volunteer as a fruit-picker! Volunteers pick fruit from local fruit trees in Sheffield, take a share and the rest is shared within the community!
Look after yourselves – you deserve it!