How can we earn Green Impact awards?
Green Impact is based on an online workbook made up of essential actions (these need to be completed for any award to be given), as well as projects. There is a max of 3 projects per team, and each project can earn a maximum of 50 points.
For a bronze award, teams need to complete all essential actions and gain 40 points from project(s).
For a silver award, teams need to complete all essential actions and gain 80 points from projects.
For a gold award, teams need to complete all essential actions and gain 120 points from projects.
The 2 highest scoring teams of the year will be awarded Platinum award status.
What are Special Awards?
There are 6 Special awards, rewarding extra effort or innovation. Teams need to nominate themselves or members of their team to be shortlisted. The awards on offer are:
- Innovation for Engagement – this award goes to the team/department/person that has engaged more people in sustainability activity using innovative techniques and ideas.
- The Environmental Hero award – This can be a person in your department or elsewhere, who you think has done exceptional work to champion environmental action.
- Environmental Improvement – this award goes to the team/department/person who has made a real impact in your department with a recent environmental improvement or initiative.
- Community Action – this award goes to the team/department/person who has developed or participated in innovative community action throughout your Green Impact year.
- Student Leadership Award – this award goes to one exceptional student within your team or department (or yourself if you are a student!) has been leading change within and beyond their/your Green Impact team or role.
- Labs Innovation Award – this award goes to the labs-based team who has delivered a particularly impactful improvement or initiative within the labs.